Jonah 4:10

"So the Lord said, "You cared about the plant, which you did not labor over and did not grow. It appeared in a night and perished in a night." HCBS


Jonah is my favorite book of the Bible right now. It is teaching me that I cannot run and hide from God when He is asking of me. I need to learn to care about the tasks that the Lord has given me and forget about the ones I want to give myself. Because only that which the Lord has for me is right. 


What is He asking of you with this pregnancy? Think about that. Pray about that. Find out what it is that the Lord has tasked you with during your childbirth year. You may find it very similar to the tasks you will have as a parent. Does God want to you live a selfish life and choose options for yourself first or this there now another person in your life that you will have to make sacrifices for? 


Jonah did not want to go to Nineveh. Why? Can you relate right now... is it hard to make the right decisions in this time of pregnancy because there are details that you feel are more important? 


Like the plant in this story... the things of this world will come and go. So will your time of pregnancy. But what you are laboring for is the chance to connect with God and plant seeds in your parenthood journey by starting out in the presence of the Lord. Take a second and think about what is eternally significant about this time in your life instead of what is significant in the moment. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...