Psalm 40:2

"You are my hiding place; you protect me from trouble. You surround me with songs of victory." NLT


Sometimes I am so thankful for verses like this it's overwhelming. What a gift to be given a promise like this.

During labor it is a mother's natural instinct to find a safe place to birth. She needs a calm, quiet, familiar, warm, trusting environment hidden from danger or trouble that may hurt her or her baby. In this verse we hear that God can most certainly give us that space.

"The Lord is a shelter for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble." Psalm 9:9


If you have any fear over your birth at all, then it could be considered a time of trouble. No matter what the fear is, no matter what the trouble is let God be your protector. Trust Him when He says He is there for you. Prayer and the presence of the Holy Spirit in birth works. It works... I have seen it happen. Sometimes I feel so blessed to have witnessed this truth because I get to share it with others!

When you are prepping for your birth make sure you include some solid Scriptures on the promises God has given to us. Pray with them and connect with God so that your faith in Him grows. Put your fears and let Him be your hiding place from the trouble.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...