Blog Highlight: "Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes." Ephesians 6:11
If you have a copy of "Christ Centered Childbirth" then the corresponding chapter with this week is chapter 7.
What do you know about the "Amor of God?" I love how she starts the Bible study off with this concept because it really is so appropriate for pregnant and birthing women. There will be so many times throughout your pregnancy and birth that you will need to be guarded with these elements in order to stay peaceful and joyful.
Pregnancy is a time of trial and I believe that if more women understood this fact, there may be less social negativity surrounding birth. I have watched youtube videos of women professing how pregnancy and birth are so disgusting and how they dread it and need drugs to get through labor. Women who have never even been pregnant or had babies.... how can they have this opinion on something they have never had to go through?
If we as Christian women... would put on the Armor of God throughout our pregnancies we would be shielding ourselves from this negativity. God will have the ability to nurture us and grow us. Pregnancy is such a spiritually sensitive time for women! Who knows this better than the Lord?
Discussion Questions from the Book:
- What has the Lord recently done to give you joy and peace during this pregnancy?
- How has the enemy tried to infiltrate your mind to bring doubt and discouragement?
- What things have you done to "build the temple" growing inside you?
- In what ways are you teaching your little one about the Lord. Song? Prayer? The touch of love?
- How can the Armor of God help you during pregnancy?
Please remember to worship before or after this post with the song found at the bottom of the blog! :)
Add your name to the prayer list