Praying for Your Spouse in Childbirth

"You husbands must honor your wives. Treat your wife with understanding as you live together. She may be weaker than you are, but she is your equal partner in God's gift of new life. Treat her as you should so your prayers will not be hindered." 1 Peter 3:7 NLT

At first read, this Scripture may not seem relevant to you on your pregnancy journey since it is speaking to our husbands. But let me bring this to you... wives can gain as much from this Scripture as husbands and prayer is key to being on the same page during your childbirth journey. 

This Scripture says two things of great importance for wives. One: "but she is your equal partner in God's gift of new life" That's right... it takes TWO to tango. Two: "You husbands must honor your wives. Treat your wife with understanding as you live together." It is in God's plan for your husband to honor you and treat you with care... treating you with understanding for what you are going through! 

As wives... we sometimes get busy with ourselves and our needs and we may not see that our husbands have a need in this journey too! To be a part of it. God says we are equals in this journey and it is up to us too to recognize this! Praying for your husband every day can increase the bond between the two of you. Letting God know what you need of your spouse will get better results then when you tell your husband yourself? Why? Because God is the changer of hearts... not us. 

"I will give you a new heart, and I will put a new spirit in you. I will take out your stoney, stubborn heart and give you a tender, responsive heart." Ezekiel 36:26 NLT

I will say it again... God it the changer of hearts! Not us! 

Your God knows that you and your husband belong on the same page during this journey and expressing your understanding for that to Him and praying for your husband can make all the difference! Praying Scripture over your husband like the one above is great! Recognize that all change comes from God Alone and that by pouring your heart out to God about what you feel are your husband's short-comings on this pregnancy journey will open your eyes to the changes God can make in your husband. 

*I remember* when I was pregnant this last time, my husband CONSTANTLY nagged me about toast crumbs on the counter. See... I ate toast like 5 or 6 times a day! It was a way to keep my belly full and stop the nausea. It was important for me... I was so angry with him for not being concerned about WHY I was eating the toast... that I yelled at him over and over and told him to just get over it! Things like that... petty things... can seem HUGE to us when we are pregnant and emotional. They can cause a very big rift between us and our husbands if we let them. And God Alone has the power to even change little things like that for the two of you... you only need ask. 

How do you pray over your husband during pregnancy? 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...